Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoflame View Post
    no. the CF boomstick features a back with a stainless steel core throughout the bore, aluminum threads, and the rest is wrapped with carbon fiber for structure. without the CF, the new boomsticks are just as fragile as a freak SS insert.

no again. deadly wind's barrel is their own creation. the process that stiffi and deadlywind uses are very different. again the CF in the new boomstick is very critical to the structure of the barrel back. by the logic of what you're saying, you might as well say that a CF HPA tank isnt really CF since it has an aluminum core wrapped in CF and the CF plays no role in the structure of the tank.
    EXACTLY my point...btw I like the N2 tank reference
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatyr
    but that sure as hell won't stop me from using a fat stack of bills to buy my hookers and blow.
    I HATE YOU!
    Hateful Productions
    http://www.hatefulproductions.com
    BSGPaintball-RIP
    http://www.bsgpaintball.com
    http://www.akaphoto.com

I used to have a sly pro merc and the thing took abuse when I had it. I remember several times where I slammed it straight into a spool and did more damage to the spoll

TOM
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoflame View Post
    no. the CF boomstick features a back with a stainless steel core throughout the bore, aluminum threads, and the rest is wrapped with carbon fiber for structure. without the CF, the new boomsticks are just as fragile as a freak SS insert.
    this is incorrect you need to do some reading on the dye forums and dye website and as for the Deadly winds and stiffi i could care less, but the dye boom stick is a stainless steel back with wrapped carbon fiber with really does have no effect on the structure of the barrel, yes it does account for some of the structure of the barrel as a whole but no it does not effect how barrel shoots really if you actual cut it in half you would see that the carbon fiber does not physically touch the ball as it travels down the barrel its all SS
    www.RedLegionPhotography.com

Email for Gun Tech Assistance or Yahoo as well
    PBTechTom@yahoo.com

Feedback...
    http://www.paintballscene.com/forums...ad.php?t=75170

Team EGO

ZA

Quote Originally Posted by TOM View Post
    this is incorrect you need to do some reading on the dye forums and dye website and as for the Deadly winds and stiffi i could care less, but the dye boom stick is a stainless steel back with wrapped carbon fiber with really does have no effect on the structure of the barrel, yes it does account for some of the structure of the barrel as a whole but no it does not effect how barrel shoots really if you actual cut it in half you would see that the carbon fiber does not physically touch the ball as it travels down the barrel its all SS
    what does carbon fiber touching the ball have anything to do with it? a honed surface is a honed surface. in the case of the DW fibur, which you say is a CF fiber barrel, only the freak insert "touches" the ball as well. the rest of the barrel is bored at .70 last colin told me, which is much bigger than a paintball.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSGp8ntball
    The older I get the better "I used to be"
    WTB BOOMSTICKS. PM ME. I WILL BUY BOOMSTICKS
    DFwm
    FATE
    PUMPENSTEIN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ads